Now that you have an email address provided by us, you’ll want to run that address through your existing Gmail account to avoid having to check multiple places for your email. Don’t worry, setting it up only takes a few minutes!
- From a desktop or laptop computer, navigate to https://gmail.com and log in to the Gmail account you wish to use.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner, then click See All Settings.
- Click on Accounts
- Under Check mail from other accounts, click Add a mail account.
- This will open a pop-up window. Type your new email address and click Next.
- Enter all the information for the email address. This information will be provided to you in an email from us.
- Check the following boxes, then click Add account >>:
- “Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server.”
- “Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail.”
- “Label incoming messages.”
- You’ll now receive emails sent to your new address! Most people want to also send mail from the new address, so click Next >>.
- On the next screen, you again have the option to adjust the name on the account and you should uncheck the box that says “Treat as an alias.” Then click Next Step >>.
- Enter the settings for send mail that were included in the email you received from us. Leave “Secure connection using TLS” checked. Click Add account >>.
- On this last screen, click Close window.
- Within 30 minutes or so, you should receive an email from Gmail (at your new address!) regarding the setup of your new account. In this email, there will be a link to click and confirm the new address. Go ahead and click the link, confirm, and you’re done!
To compose an email from your new address, simply use the drop down in the “From:” field to choose the email address you’d like to send from (this woks when using the Gmail app as well). When you reply to emails, Gmail will automatically use whatever address the email was sent to. Its that simple!
Enjoy your new email address!